.

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)

Companies are chiefly driven by profits, sometimes even at the set down of the environment and the benefit of members of our society. As capital of Singapore advances towards the status of a developed nation, I confide that such actions are not sustainable. Companies need to readyly add together to the society and integrate soci all(prenominal)y responsible policies into their business models. This leads me to touch that Corporate Social Responsibilities (CSR) shit an important pillar of harvest-home for our society in the foresighted run.\nAs a savant of the Institute of Technical breeding (ITE), I have experient first-hand how my school is involved in CSR. ITE actively contributes to and creates new jimmy for the larger biotic community in which it operates, adhering almost to our CSR Ethos to use our resources and skills to financial aid for the community and condition a sustainable environment. Under the peremptory influence of my teachers, I jump off to feel strongly intimately the importance of CSR. We have to continually care for our society and those who are less fortunate. Only and so understructure we build an comprehensive society, whereby every unity progresses together with no one left behind. In this way, we exit be able to build a more closely knitted community as we progress. An example of CSR that truly inspires me is that of Starbucks. Among the some(prenominal) actions taken by Starbucks all over the years is to ensure that the welfare of small-scale farmers are taken care of through programs worry loans and productivity-enhancing lessons from their experts. Starbucks also ensures that the coffee is giving in an environmentally hearty manner. I find that this really proves that a company can actively care for its community and the environment while politic staying highly profitable. Companies in Singapore and around the world should all work towards what Starbucks is doing.\nBeing mortal who walks my talk, I decided that I should also play an active role in CSR. Hence, I joined the Interact monastic order when I was in NITEC...

No comments:

Post a Comment